Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
If you have any concerns over the admissions procedure please contact the Admission team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2018 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2018 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2018||17 April 2018|
|after 17 April 2018 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.