Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here:
For pupils joining in the remainder of this academic year (2018-2019)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2018-19.pdf
For pupils joining from September 2019
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2019-20.pdf
For pupils joining from September 2020
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2020-21
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2019 Entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2019 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2019||29 March 2019|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
In Year Transfers
If your child is currently attending a Wandsworth Secondary School and you would like to transfer them to Bolingbroke Academy, please ask for an in-year transfer form from their current school. For pupils who attend Secondary schools outside the Borough, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details at the bottom of the form: