Introduction to the Subject
At Bolingbroke Academy we aim to making history meaningful for all pupils. History is alive and all around us - a living, breathing subject. It is important that our pupils learn about local, national and global history so that they become informed citizens. History encourages the development of skills of enquiry, independent thought, analysis and critical thinking.
Bolingbroke Academy pupils will do this by:
• Learning about the past in Britain and the wider world
• Considering how past influences the present
• Finding out about what past societies were like, how these societies organised themselves and what beliefs and cultures influenced people's actions.
• Developing a chronological framework
• Seeing the diversity of human experienced and understand more about themselves as individuals and members of society
• Reflecting on their personal choices, attitudes and values
• Using evidence, weigh it up and reach their own conclusions
• Researching, sift through evidence and argue a point of view.
Each department has a 'DNA', that is to say, our vision for that department. The DNA of the Humanities Department, within which History sits, can be viewed here:
To view the full subject curriculum for Key Stage 3 please click here: Key Stage 3 Curriculum 2017-18
If you have any queries please contact the Head of Humanities Ms Austin