If you missed the Open Day on 14th October, please click on the link below to see a selection of the slides from the day.
Our Sixth Form combines the highest of expectations with increased independence and responsibility for our students. Sixth Formers are leaders within the wider Bolingbroke Academy family. They access a rich, rewarding and personalised set of experiences that raise aspirations and open up new opportunities.
The Sixth Form is small and based on powerful learning relationships between students and a team of exceptionally committed teachers, willing to do whatever it takes to achieve our mission of preparing students for success at university and beyond. The challenging and engaging curriculum focuses on enabling subjects and qualifications, with a tailored range of courses to choose from but with a continuing focus on our STEM and music specialisms.
We will ensure all students realise their potential, achieving the outstanding outcomes and acquiring the wider skills and experiences that will prepare them to go on to prestigious universities and successful rewarding careers.
Sixth form Leadership Team
The Sixth Form Leadership Team is led by:
Vice Principal and Head of Sixth Form Mr Speight (pictured centre)
Deputy Director, Teaching and Learning, Ms Orchin (pictured right)
Deputy Director, Student Performance, Ms Oliver (pictured left).
Our commitment to you
We are committed to providing you with the highest quality Sixth Form experience. In order to do this we will:
- ensure you feel cared for, included and valued as an individual.
- do all that we can to help you reach a good university and/or enter a professional career of your choice.
- treat you with honesty, fairness and respect as a young adult in a professional learning environment.
Teaching and learning is at the heart of what we do. We will:
- provide a consistently high-quality learning experience with lessons that engage and challenge.
- provide personalised support through your teachers and tutors to support your progress.
- help you to organise your work effectively so that you meet our expected standards.
Keeping track of your progress is fundamental. You will:
- meet regularly with your teachers and tutors throughout the year to monitor your progress.
- receive regular progress reports comparing your performance against your target grades.
- attend parents’ evenings with your parents/carers to review your progress.
We work in partnership with other like-minded school sixth forms in the Ark network. We are committed to:
- ensuring a culture of equality and respect that celebrates the diversity of our communities.
- actively seeking out the views of students to help us improve what we do.
- providing a safe and secure environment for learning.
The Bolingbroke Academy BE BOLD Values
The 6Cs of Success
Bolingbroke Sixth Formers demonstrate the following values and skills:
If you have any queries and would like to contact us please click here.