Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council and there are no separate internal forms.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here:
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2020-2021 (for pupils joining in September 2020)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2021-2022 (for pupils joining in September 2021)
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority up to a PAN of 120 per year group:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
Applying for a place in Year 7, September 2021
The applications deadline has now passed. If you wish to make a late application, please contact Wandsworth Council.
If you applied online you will be emailed the outcome of your application on the evening of 1 March 2021 from the London eAdmissions Team. You will also be sent a follow-up notification email from Wandsworth Council if it has not been possible to offer your first preference school. This will provide detailed information about the outcome of your application and what to do next.
If you applied on a paper form you will be sent an outcome letter by first class mail on Monday 1 March 2021.
In Year Admissions
If your child is currently attending a Wandsworth Secondary School and you would like to transfer them to Bolingbroke Academy, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details on the last page of the form:
For pupils who attend Secondary schools outside the Borough or if you do not live in London, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details on the last page of the form:
Once Wandsworth have processed your application, it will be sent through to us and you will receive written confirmation that your child has been added to the waiting list.
Sixth Form Admissions
Please visit the Sixth Form section of the website for details on Sixth Form admissions.
2021/22 Admissions Arrangements
The 2021/22 admissions arrangements for Ark Bolingbroke Academy are published below. From 7th October to 17th November, as required by the DfE School Admissions Code, the school held a public consultation on the proposed draft arrangements. There was a high level of engagement from the local community in the consultation process, we thank everyone who took the time to make a submission. All responses were carefully reviewed and considered in order to determine the final admissions policy, which remains unchanged from the draft proposed in October.