Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council and there are no separate internal forms. As a non-selective school we do not subscribe to the Wandsworth Test, nor are there any other exams for entrance.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here:
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2020-2021 (for pupils joining in September 2020)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2021-2022 (for pupils joining in September 2021)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2022-2023 (for pupils joining in September 2022)
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority up to a PAN of 120 per year group:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
Applying for a place in Year 7, September 2021
The applications deadline has now passed. If you wish to make a late application, please contact Wandsworth Council.
If you applied online you will be emailed the outcome of your application on the evening of 1 March 2021 from the London eAdmissions Team. You will also be sent a follow-up notification email from Wandsworth Council if it has not been possible to offer your first preference school. This will provide detailed information about the outcome of your application and what to do next.
If you applied on a paper form you will be sent an outcome letter by first class mail on Monday 1 March 2021.
For those on the waiting list, you can check your position via Wandsworth after 1st March by clicking here. You will need your child's Pupil ID which will be included in the email from Wandsworth on 1st March. (Please note that Bolingbroke Academy is not given access to Pupil ID numbers, if you cannot find this please contact Wandsworth.)
Applying for a place in Year 7, September 2022
Applications to join Year 7 in September 2022 are co-ordinated by Wandsworth Council. The Wandsworth online portal for applications will open on 1st September 2021 and the deadline to apply will be 31st October 2021. We will hold an Open Day and Open Evening prior to this deadline, further details of which can be found on this website under 'Open Days'.
As mentioned above, as a non-selective school we do not subscribe to the Wandsworth Test, nor are there any other exams for entrance. There are also no supplementary forms to complete: places are offered in accordance with our admissions policy above.
In Year Admissions
If your child is currently attending a Wandsworth Secondary School and you would like to transfer them to Bolingbroke Academy, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details on the last page of the form:
For pupils who attend Secondary schools outside the Borough or if you do not live in London, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details on the last page of the form:
Once Wandsworth have processed your application, it will be sent through to us and you will receive written confirmation that your child has been added to the waiting list.
Sixth Form Admissions
Please visit the Sixth Form section of the website for details on Sixth Form admissions.
The appeals timetable for places on Year 7 in September 2021 can be found here.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions it may not be possible to hold appeal panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with. Appeals will be heard during May/June/July; all appellants will be contacted by the independent appeals clerk to explain the process, which will be the same for all Ark schools.