Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council and there are no separate internal forms. As a non-selective school we do not subscribe to the Wandsworth Test, nor are there any other exams for entrance.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here:
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2021-2022 (for pupils joining in September 2021)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2022-2023 (for pupils joining in September 2022)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2023-2024 (for pupils joining in September 2023)
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority up to a PAN of 120 per year group:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
Our Principal will go through the statistics on how places have been offered in previous years at our Open Evening and Open Day.
Applying for a place in Year 7, September 2022
The deadline to apply for a place in Year 7 for September 2022 has now passed, if you wish to make a late application please contact Wandsworth Council.
In Year Admissions
In Year admissions are managed by Wandsworth Council in the first instance. We are currently full with waiting lists in every year group, therefore the position on the waiting list will be determined according to the oversubscription criteria in the admissions policy above. This also applies to families coming to the borough from the Ukraine.
If your child is currently attending a Wandsworth Secondary School and you would like to transfer them to Bolingbroke Academy, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details on the last page of the form:
For pupils who attend Secondary schools outside the Borough or if you do not live in London, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details on the last page of the form:
Once Wandsworth have processed your application, it will be sent through to us and you will receive written confirmation that your child has been added to the waiting list. When an in-year application is received, Wandsworth aim to notify parents of the outcome of their application in writing within 10 school days but must do so within 15 school days. Following this, applicants will recieve an email from Bolingbroke Academy confirming that their child is on the waiting list.
Sixth Form Admissions
Please visit the Sixth Form section of the website for details on Sixth Form admissions.
Admissions Appeals: Year 7
Appeals for children refused admission at a preferred school for entry into Year 7 in September 2022 will be heard according to the regulations in the School Admission Appeals Code (2012). Places to join Year 7 in September 2022 will be offered on 1st March 2022 and the deadline for submitting an appeal is 31st March 2022.
Appeal panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline date for submitting an appeal. The independent appeal panel clerk will notify parents/carers of the date of their appeal; appeal hearings will take place during May/June/July 2022.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7 after 1st March 2022, please click here for the appeal form.
Admissions Appeals: In-Year Admissions
For in-year admissions appeals, please click here for the appeal form.
Appeals will be heard by an independent appeals panel, within 30 school days of the appeal being submitted. Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by the independent appeal panel clerk.