Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council and there are no separate internal forms.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here:
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2019-20.pdf (for pupils joining this academic year, 2019-2020)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2020-21 (1).pdf (for pupils joining in September 2020)
The closing date for applications is 31st October 2019, if you miss this deadline please contact Wandsworth Council.
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority up to a PAN of 120 per year group:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
In Year Admissions
If your child is currently attending a Wandsworth Secondary School and you would like to transfer them to Bolingbroke Academy, please ask for an in-year transfer form from their current school.
For pupils who attend Secondary schools outside the Borough or if you do not live in London, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details at the bottom of the form:
Sixth Form Admissions
Please contact email@example.com with any queries relating to Sixth Form admissions.
2021 Admissions Consultation
Bolingbroke Academy invited public consultation on the proposed 2021/22 admissions arrangements, this closed on 17th November 2019. The reponses were sent to Ark and the outcome will be published on this page by 28th February 2020.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
Offer day is 2nd March 2020 and the deadline for lodging an appeal is 20th April 2020.
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7, please click here for the secondary appeal form.