Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council and there are no separate internal forms.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here:
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2020-2021 (for pupils joining in September 2020)
Bolingbroke Academy Admissions Policy 2021-2022 (for pupils joining in September 2021)
The closing date for applications was 31st October 2019, if you missed this deadline please contact Wandsworth Council.
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority up to a PAN of 120 per year group:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
Applying for a place in Year 7, September 2021
If you would like to apply for a place for your child to join Year 7 in September 2021, you must do online so via Wandsworth Council. The deadline for applications is Saturday 31st October 2020.
There is no supplementary form to complete for Bolingbroke Academy. We are completely non-selective so we do not subscribe to the The Wandsworth Test, nor are there any other tests or entrance exams for admission.
In Year Admissions
If your child is currently attending a Wandsworth Secondary School and you would like to transfer them to Bolingbroke Academy, please ask for an in-year transfer form from their current school.
For pupils who attend Secondary schools outside the Borough or if you do not live in London, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details at the bottom of the form:
Sixth Form Admissions
Please visit the Sixth Form section of the website for details on Sixth Form admissions.
2021/22 Admissions Arrangements
The 2021/22 admissions arrangements for Ark Bolingbroke Academy are published below. From 7th October to 17th November, as required by the DfE School Admissions Code, the school held a public consultation on the proposed draft arrangements. There was a high level of engagement from the local community in the consultation process, we thank everyone who took the time to make a submission. All responses were carefully reviewed and considered in order to determine the final admissions policy, which remains unchanged from the draft proposed in October.