Bolingbroke Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, parent-promoted school for local children. The admissions process is managed by Wandsworth Council and there are no separate internal forms.
Full details of our Admissions Policy are available to download here, for pupils joining from September 2020:
The closing date for applications is 31st October 2019, if you miss this deadline please contact Wandsworth Council.
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority up to a PAN of 120 per year group:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of founding parents
- Children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Children attending a named feeder school
- Children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
In Year Transfers
If your child is currently attending a Wandsworth Secondary School and you would like to transfer them to Bolingbroke Academy, please ask for an in-year transfer form from their current school.
For pupils who attend Secondary schools outside the Borough or if you are relocating to London from overseas, please complete the form below and return it to Wandsworth Council using the details at the bottom of the form:
Sixth Form Admissions
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries relating to Sixth Form admissions.
2021 Admissions Consultation
Bolingbroke Academy invites public consultation on the proposed 2021/22 admissions arrangements. The proposed admissions policy and consultation briefing note, with details of how to submit a comment, are linked below. Consultation will run for six weeks from 7th October -17th November 2019.
Ark admissions appeals forms and timetables will be published on this page by 28th February 2020.
DfE Guidance on admissions appeals can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/admission-appeals-for-school-...