Career & University Success
Career & University Success
You can also see our Destinations Policy here
Baker Clause and Provider Access
As part of our commitment to informing our pupils of the full range of learning and training pathways on offer to them, we consider all requests from training, apprenticeship and vocational education providers to speak to pupils and students as well as actively seeking to build relationships with these partners as we plan activity throughout the school year to ensure that providers have multiple opportunities to speak to students and their parents across years 7-13, to offer information on vocational, technical and apprenticeship qualifications and pathways. Opportunities for providers to speak with pupils and students may include school assemblies, employer and provider engagement events or opportunities to speak with students and parents on a one-to-one basis supporting GCSE, post 16 or post 18 option choices.
Bolingbroke Academiy's Destination programme is monitored for quality and impact by the Academy’s Senior Leadership and Governance Teams and monitoring of access to and opportunities to engage with, technical, vocational and training providers will form part of this process.
In the first instance, requests by providers should be sent to the Academy’s Careers Leader, Karen Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of 6 weeks’ lead time. All requests will be considered based on; staffing availability to support the activity, clashes with other planned activity, trips or visits, interruption to preparation for examinations or rooming and space availability to host the activity.
Key Stage 3
KS3 objectives are: ‘Knowing yourself and life skills’, ‘Thinking about Career pathways’ and ‘Considering options for GCSE and the future’
- Introduction to Unifrog
- Career Lessons during Civitas
- Year 8 Careers Day
- Year 9 Creative Careers Day
- Year 9 One to One guidance meetings
- Year 9 Preference support for GCSE
Key Stage 4
KS4 objectives are ‘Experiencing the work place’ and ‘Preparing for Post 16’
- Career lessons during Civitas include skills for work, apprenticeships and Post 16 choices using Unifrog
- Year 10 Unifrog guidance
- Year 10 Morrisby Assessment. This assessment helps pupils to understand themselves so that they can understand what options suit them best.
- Year 10 Preparation for Work Experience
- Year 11 Work Experience
- Year 11 One to One guidance interviews
- Year 11 Sixth form experience day and FE College visits
Key Stage 5
KS5 objectives are ‘Preparing for life after school: University, Apprenticeships or School Leaver programmes.’
- Career lessons during Civitas and enrichment
- Financial Literacy
- Morrisby Assessment and Unifrog
- University visits and workshops
- UCAS support
- Visits to employers
- Drop in careers and university support
Many of our students have completed exciting and informative work experience placements; below is a selection of these visits.
The Department DNA for the Research and Development Department can be found here: Bolingbroke Academy Department DNA: Research and Development
If you have any questions or need advice on Careers or University Success please contact Career & Development Leader: Ms Robinson