Impressive A Level Performance for Bolingbroke Sixth Form Pupils
Despite it being a very different A level results day, Bolingbroke pupils have had much to celebrate, with an excellent set of A level results achieved by this year’s 70 strong cohort.
- 94% of our students achieved a grade C or above (national average 78%)
- 77% of our students achieved a grade B or above (national average not yet published)
- 39% of our students achieved a top grade A or A* (national average 27%)
- 76% of our students achieved 3 or more A*- C grades, with almost half achieving grades A* to B across all 3 subjects.
- 70% of our pupils made above expected progress in one more more of their subjects, with 90% making at or above expected progress.
Particular acknowledgement must go to the following students who achieved outstanding outcomes:
Zayd (3 A*s), Tanisha (3 A*s, 1 A), Sufyan (2 A*s, 1 A), Mariane (2 A*s, 1 A), India (2 A*s, 1 A), Eleanor (2 A*s, 1 A), Asantewaa (2 A*s, 1 B), Capucine (2 A*s, 1 A), Sam (2 A*s, 1 B), Gulled (1 A*, 3 As), Dill (1 A*, 2As), Ilyas (1 A*, 2As), Francesco (A*, A, B), Luca (1 A*, 2 As), Davide (1 A*, 2As, 1B)
In Applied Science, the following students achieved exemplary results:
Nathan (D* D D) – Next Steps: University of Roehampton, Biological Sciences
Alanna (D* D D) Next Steps: University of East Anglia, Biochemistry
Jona (D D D) – Next Steps: Kings College London, Child Nursing
A fantastic 88% of our students secured a place at their first or insurance university, the majority of which reside in the top third of university rankings. Notable placements include:
Zayd – University of Oxford (Jesus College)
Tanisha – University of Bristol
Gulled – Imperial College
Sam – University of York
Luca, Rafiq – University of Nottingham
Charlie, Emily – Cardiff University
Dill, Tyler, William – University of Exeter
Eva, William, India, Molly – University of Manchester
Sara – University of Liverpool
Davide, Francesco, Zaynab, Yahya, Tristan – Queen Mary (University of London)
Jona, Sufyan – King’s College London
We are hugely proud of the academic achievements of every single one of our Class of 2020. Moreover, we are delighted to be sending such courageous and compassionate young people into the wider community and world. We wish them every success in their continued pursuit of personal and academic excellence in these next steps of their journey.